After writing property xml feed import scripts for Property Mart PLC, I was approached by Starberry to work with them writing export scripts for property data from mostly Reapit based clients to be sent to Rightmove and 7 other portals, most of which no longer exist.
Since then I've re-written the way they handle property websites. Originally for Joomla 1.5 I was responsible for writing a new property extension for their increasing portfolio of clients. We now use the second major version of the system to support over 40 property websites both in the UK and overseas, and I'm currently working with a small development team to build the 3rd revision.
These extensions for Joomla include a series of component, modules and plugins which allow us to use a single codebase for a wide range of requirements through the use of configuration options and plugin overrides to affect behaviour.
- Simple search (address, price, rooms)
- Latitude/Longitude based search (radius from a fixed point or pre-defined polygons)
- User created polygon search (similar to the draw a search option on Rightmove.co.uk)
- Contact forms including simple contact, book a viewing, send to friend, request a valuation
- ... and many more features